On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 10:11, Chris wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 02:07 am, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > Po wittle MicroSCOft...
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3119316.stm
> >
> > stephen kuhn - owner
>
> Yea, and I go 43 of the damm things in the last two days.  Ya can actually
> look at the worm with a hex editor and see where it tries to disable
> Zonealarm and some of the win antivirus software.  Can't believe Earthlink
> can't stop them from coming in, haven't gotten a one come in through my
> toadnet.com domain though, course its being hosted on a linux server, maybe
> thats why :)

One way of dealing with it from an ISP's perspective, is to delete
anything with an EXE attached to it - or so you'd think. Being that
there is a tremendous amount of damage being done world-wide, you'd
think that Sysadmins would institute such at least on linux/unix boxes -
irregardless of contract to the customer - for security and safety sake.

Bear in mind, though, that all of this is only making the users of MS
Outlook and MS Outlook Express consider alternatives...they've been
slapped really badly in the past six months and it doesn't seem to be
letting up any time soon...it's gotten worse...so they're re-thinking
their positions on whether or not Microsoft's "Trustworthy Computing
Initiative" is worth the bullshit...

...and Microsoft is feeling the heat as well...which they should...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
QOTD: "It's a cold bowl of chili, when love don't work out."