-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Richard Salts
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 1999 8:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Netscape Tinytype

Hello, John,

Maybe you could help me with this or maybe I've already done it, I don't
know.  Somebody in this list told me about a website:
http://www.mandrake.org to go to that had info as how to enlarge the
Linux
tinytype fonts.

Well, I went there, got the directions, printed out the directions,
located
this config file, opened it using 'gedit' as a text editor, swapped the
75's
for the 100's in both entries, one in the /X11/fs and the line in the
'default-resolutions= 75,75,100,100 to the reverse of that  and saved
the
changes, got out of gedit, and read the next set of directions which
said:

Restart the X Font Server by issuing this command as root:

kill -SIGUSR1 $ (pidof xfs)

It didn't say where I should be in Linux when I was supposed to issue
this
command.  I thought I should be in the console when I did that, so I got
up
the console and, as root, typed out the above command and got this
reply:

'unexpected 'p'

I guess something was supposed to have restarted up but nothing like
that
happened.

I just wonder if I did everything necessary by simply retyping the
changes
in that config file and saving it or did I need to do something else?

I hope I've described this fully to you.  Is changing the file enough or
do
I have to issue that 'kill' command and if so, where do I issue it?  In
the
console?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks