On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 07:50, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:17:01 -0400
> yankl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > from man lilo
> > <snip>
> > - u [device-name] Uninstall lilo by copying the saved boot sector
> > back. The '-s' and '-C' switches may be used with this option. The
> > device-name is optional. A time-stamp is checked.
> > </snip>
> >
> > so from command line do
> > #lilo -u
>
> A caveat to this is that a New saved copy of the bootsector is made
> each time lilo is run so lilo -u may not necessarily restore the Win
> bootloader.
>

>     Charles
>
> --
> When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if
> I had any firearms with me.  I said, "Well, what do you need?"
>               -- Steven Wright
> -------------------------
> Mandrake Linux 9.2 on PurpleDragon
> Kernel-2.4.22-10mdk-i686-up-4GB
> http://www.eslrahc.com

Yeah, lilo -u didn't work.  After doing it, the machine wouldn't boot at
all.  I put my 9.1 cd in and went into rescue, thinking I'd re-install
Lilo, then I noticed an option for "Restore windows bootloader" or
something like that.  I thought it would just overwrite the MBR with the
same /boot/0300 file that lilo -u did, but I decided to give it a try
anyway.  It worked like a charm.

Scott