> It plays mp3 from an inbuilt mp3 player, but does it play mp3 from burnt
> to CD ?
> Just curious.

Just fine. I've burnt a couple MP3 CDs to cd-r & cd-rw and the player
handles them fine. ONe thing I noticed is that I have one recently
burned CD (used gcombust on a number of radio mystery theater mp3s
that had been cluttering up my hard drive) and the Sony portable
plays the mp3s in a different order than my koss dvd/cd/mp3 component
player does.

> Note the claim to write as many as 30 albums to one CD using supplied
> software on a 700 MB disc.

Why you'd need the supplied software is anyone's guess. Maybe they're
selling to OS users that have no software? :)