James,
I don't know which model of Linksys you have.  But my model LNEPC12T
uses the NE2000 PCI driver and it works great with a few adaptations to
accomodate my @home service.

Read the DHCP-mini-howto and you may discover a few things that helped
me attach to my @home service here in San Diego.

Lesson #1: Upon machine boot-up eth0 does not get started, it fails.
I am not a pro with this, but I have discovered that @home uses
non-standard netmasks, dhcp with activation by hostname, and other odd
quirks.
Interim solution for #1:
Load your dhcpcd package first. It is found under Environment, daemons.
It's not loaded with a default installation.
Go ahead and let your machine boot up and login in as root to your K
desktop.  (eth0 will fail, let it.  You've got a workaround!)  Open up
your konsole window.  Type these commands:

cd /

ifconfig eth0 YourHostname netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast xx.x.x.255 up

cd sbin

./dhcpcd -h YourHostname

Allow a minute or so for your installation to be established.
Now you can jump on the Internet.

If you are having problems just type ifconfig and see if eth0 is listed
along with lo.  If you have no eth0, then you are probably experiencing
problems with your driver or network card. Sorry, I don't have any tips
for how to fix that.  (I still a newbie when it comes to drivers.)  I
did have some problems with a NEC DECChip 21041 network card and the
tulip driver with that with my Mandrake 6.0, but it worked great with
Win95. I am of the opinion the tulip driver with the Mandrake 6.0
distribution is hosed.  Just yesterday I loaded RH 6.1 on that other
computer, not this one with the Linksys, and the tulip driver now works
great with that same NEC DECChip 21041 network card

Lesson #2:  I still have a lot to learn about the way linux boots.
I am trying to figure a way to make this occur during the network rc
script, but every time I try to add or make changes to the script I mess
everything up and have to restore a saved copy of the script.  THIS IS
NOT YELLING, BUT A CRY FOR HELP! DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE NOW HOW TO
CHANGE THE RC SCRIPT TO MAKE eth0 pass BOOTUP DURING WHEN CONNECTING TO
@HOME VIA A CABLE MODEM!!  Thanks you all in advance and I am also
working this one out and hope to have it figured out in a week or two
with a little luck.

Best wishes for success,
Doug