There is a step-by-step at

http://www.linksys.com/support/solution/nos/linux_lne100tx.htm

Most likely, since you did not choose the tulip driver at install, you will
need to use the tools available in linuxconf.  You will need to be root to use
that.  You may also need to use some command-line routines like insmod and
perhaps edit a file in /etc/rc.d to make the insertion occur at startup time.

I wou;ld really suggest you get the 6.1 CD and do a new install.  If you have
specialized settings already, you could save them to a floppy, or move them
somewhere they won't be touched then bring them back afterward  (that is, if
they still make sense)  Most such settings will be in ~/.kde, ~/.gnome, or in
/etc and subdirectories.

Much will become clear if you open /etc/inittab, /etc/fstab, /etc/modules.conf
and examine the text and/or documentation there.  Much of the control of the
system is in those simple text files.  There are many other files in /etc and
its subdirectories which are worth a read.

also, in a terminal, xterm or one of the consoles
$man insmod
$man ifcfg
$man ifup

Civileme