On Friday 26 September 2003 07:50 pm, Mike Adolf wrote:
> I am having problems download pictures from my fuji mx 2900.
> Using GTKam, if I select to 'add camera' and then select
> 'detect' button, I get no camera found.  My camera is hooked
> to the serial port, turned on, and set to communicate with the
> pc.  If I select fuji mx 2900 (from a list) during the 'add
> camera' task, the camera appears at the top of the left list.
> Trying anything leads to an error.  When asking for 'more'
> about the error, it always says "cannot contact camera".  What
> should I do?
>
> mike

Mike, I can't get GTKam to work either. But something confuses me
here : you have a serial connection, but as far as I know GTKam
only works for USB. On a serial line, I think you should try
gPhoto. If your camera isn't listed, try another Fuji. Those
cameras are supposed to have pretty standard settings, like
Olympus.

Funny thing is, when I plug my Olympus into the USB port the
GTKam icon appears on my KDE screen, but behaves exactly like
you describe : no go. I have to mount the device manually, then
the camera acts like just another harddisk and I can move, copy
etc..

Try to go to the gPhoto homepage :

http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php

where your camera is listed as supported.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*This mail was sent from a 100 % Microsoft free computer*