Hi Margot,

My sound worked perfectly from instillation in MD9.0 but when I reinstalled MD9.1 I got no sound. I was told then (can't remember by who though) that most sound problems are because it is muted. I was told to run Aumix and adjust the settings. I did and it worked. I have since installed MD9.1 2 separate times (fine tuning my setup, I think I got it now) and each time I've had to adjust those setting for sound to work.

Don't know if that is your problem, but it may be something to look at.

Russ

Margot wrote:

I don't see that I should need to buy a sound card - this thing, whatever it is, used to work - until I reinstalled.

Margot