On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 23:42, Margot wrote:

> Sorry Stephen, maybe my brain just isn't working today, I'm sure that's
> really good advice but I just don't understand what to do where/when!
> Could you explain in very simple newbie terms for this very simple
> newbie please? ;-)
>
> Margot

Ok...first, open a terminal up. Then type "su" and put in the root
password...then type "draksound" - wait a sec and then you'll get a
dialogue come up with the hardware information - it will tell you IF
there is a driver loaded or not...and what is supposedly right for
y'alls system...you can then click the down-arrow and either choose one
of the drivers listed (if one ain't already chosen for ya)...or you can
click the button that says "Let me pick any driver" - or the "Trouble
Shooting" button...either which - this is a start...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Dow's Law: In a hierarchical organization, the higher the level, the
greater the confusion.