On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 06:48, dlwiggers wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:25:08 +0000
> Richard Urwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 28 Sep 2003 6:25 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What does the GPL say about the following?
> > >
> > > "Next ISOs of Mandrake 9.2 Download Edition will be available
> > > for Club Members and all people who have contributed to the new
> > > version(including developers and translators), prior to retail
> > > packs and public download release."
> > >
> > > Is this in conformance with the GPL?
Yes, without a doubt.

>  Does the GPL favor any
> > > select group or does it prohibit discrimination and
> > > restrictions?
IANL
the GPL neither favors, nor discriminates against any group, other than
the author and users.
As I understand the GPL, it does not ever make the requirement to
provide the finished product, just the source code. and even then, not
to the world at large for $free$ (as in free beer).