On Monday 29 Sep 2003 12:06 am, mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> running Mandrake 9.1 :
>
> Can my Windows computers be easily networked with the Linux box for file
> and printer sharing through my router?
>
> sharing a linux printer with the win boxes and win files with linux.
>
> If so is there a good resource for info,  or perhaps a HOWTO on this?
>
> Mike

Yes.
Get Samba working first so you can network your Windows and Linux boxes
together, and then just run the printer GUI in Mandrake Control Centre.
It will find your Windows printers and allow Linux to print to them

If you do not have Samba working yet just install the drakwizard RPM from your
CD then run the Samba wizard you will find in the new server section in
Mandrake Control centre.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net