On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 8:48 am, Fajar Priyanto wrote:

> Dear all,
> I've just found out that my /var partition is extremly low on free space.
> Mostly used by log files that getting bigger beyond my expectation. Is
> there any way that I can periodically clearing this log files?
> Thanks in advance.
> - --

Yes.
Install the anacron RPM from Mandrake Software Manager, and all the cron jobs
which are supposed to run on your computer at 4am, but cannot because your
computer is not switched on at that time, will be run 15 minutes after you
power on your computer.

One of those jobs tidies up your log files.
Do not be surprised if your computer goes crazy with disc accesses after you
install anacron. You have a *lot* of log files to tidy :-)

derek

(I think thats the third time I have posted that advice this week)

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net