Steven Nelson wrote:

Hi,
asoundlib.h wasn't in /usr/include/sys. i searched for it and it said that it was in /alsa-lib-0.9.7. i didn't install the lib files, that was why it was not in there. i installed the lib files and asoundlib.h was in /usr/include/sys. ran the utils setup and it installed fine. i opened the alsamixer directory after that and tried to open the alsamixer by double clicking the icon, nothing happened. then tried to run the alsamixer and it said this "alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device". know why it would say that?
From,
Steven

Steven,

I haven't got my sound working yet, but I had this problem too as part of my package of things not working! Solved this by following Anne's advice to go to Software Installer on MCC and install everything with "alsa" in the name.

Hope it works for you too.

Margot