OK, here's the problem. I was running Sylpheed-Claws 0.9.5. I had it set up to use the
trayicon. The problem was that it wasn't functioning properly. Instead of it showing
up in the kicker it was showing up as a small icon on the desktop, yet there was a
space for it on the kicker. After launching and shutting down Sylpheed a couple of
times the space in the kicker was growing. There was now room for at least 3 icons. So
I figured that if I shut down the X server and brought it back up everything would be
right. Either that or just simply shut down the kicker and restart it, but I didn't
like that idea so I opted for shutting down the X server. So I shut it down and then
try to start it back up. I get "Waiting for X server to shutdown". I kind of needed to
get back into KDE (the WM I'm using) and I switched to root and launched it that way.
After all, it would at least tell me where the problem was. It launched, it worked
well, but I still had no clue as to what the problem w
 as. Its obvious that its something written to a file or something in my user space,
but what? Anyway, I thought at one point I had it. I shutdown X server in root and
tried my idea. Just some temporary files that I found. Something about .X0-lock.
Anyway, tried my user launch again, still didn't work. So I tried to get back into KDE
via root again. It too now says "Waiting for X server to shutdown". What is going on
here? I had to use linuxconf to create a new user and launch X server under that
before I could actually use it. I'm afraid to shut down again for fear it'll do the
same thing. Anyone got any ideas?

Tom Williams