Start the installation again. make it reformat all your linux
partitions. Choose the right mouse driver for your hardware.
(when it asks, choose standard ps/2 or whatever fits your
mouse description)

In X configuration, choose either "VESA" or "sis" driver. Do not
set your color depth to more than 24 as 32bpp is not supported
with your video card.

mandeake 9.1 is older than your chipset, that's why
your video card is not being correctly set up. However
you can choose your driver manually as I descibed above,
and you should be fine.

Damian