As others have already stated, looks like an hw failure. Depending on the severity of the problem, there are some things you could try to recover data on the disk - provided you can boot from CDROM, otherwise I'm out of ideas. Not an easy job. Let us know if you want to try.

raffaele

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Is my first post of this message lost? I didn't receive it myself.

----- Original Message ----- From: "qhwang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:59 PM Subject: help please, hard disk lost!

Hi there,

A Fujistu Siemens laptop (lifebook B series) only installed with MDK 8 can
not boot up anymore. It's still possible to go to CMOS setup but it

reports

that it can not detect the hard disk. Meanwhile, a kind of click sound can
be heard regularly. Does anyone have experience about this? Any suggestion
will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

QingHua