HaywireMac wrote:
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 07:40:59 -0400
HaywireMac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

For some weird reason, the
forward and back in Mozilla is *reversed* (?).

change it to this and all is well (ie. alt-button left=back, etc.)

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 7 6 4 5"

Please tell me your kidding. OK, I'll assume your not. You seem to be one of the few for whom this mysteriously works. What you have is what I started with before my first post about this.

Here's what I found:

without the xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5" command, my thumb buttons scroll up and down and wheel does nothing. OK, makes sense. With this line in xinitrc it never seems to be executed, but I have it in a file under /etc/X11/xinit.d where it works fine. So, with this command enabled, xev recognizes the thumb buttons as 6 and 7. With imwheel running xev sees these buttons as left and right. Without imwheel, mozilla and konq respond to the thumb buttons as if I were pressing the left and right arrow keys. The same applies when imwheel is running. The only difference I see, is that without imwheel, holding alt while pressing arrow keys does nothing, but with imwheel, this results in sliding the entire page left and right. However, at no point has anything I've tried resulted in a back button press.

A couple of questions, are you using this mouse in ps2 port or USB? Also, I am running a vanilla 9.1 install with the exception of switching to ATI's video driver. Have you upgraded anything related to XFree, that might be affecting this? Only other thing I can think of is that maybe the window manager makes a difference, I guess I'll look into that next.

Dax