[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Mark Weaver wrote:

Burrows, Scott wrote:

Hi all,

I have my MDK 9.1 box connected to our Windows network here at work using
Samba. From a windows box I can see my linux box on the network.

Using Samba alone should I be able to browse the windows network? Currently
I dont seem to be able to.

If yes can I log onto the Windows network from my linux box and browse the
network?

If I can use Samba for that then what is LinNieghborhood used for?

Thanks from a newbie.

Scott

Hi Scott,

In order to browse the Windows network you would be using LinNeighborhood and Samba together. LN would use the SambaClient to access the negotiate the connection to the windows network. For this all that is necessary is to have the Samba-client package installed on your machine. LinNeighborhood would do the rest.

Do you mean that once we install LinNeighborhood we can do all of that without the need for SWAT and WEBMIN?

Thanx,

ayoub890

something like that because all you need is the samba client and LinNeighborhood

--
Mark

"If you don't share your concepts and ideals, they end up being worthless,"
        "Sharing is what makes them powerful."
Registered Linux User # 186492