First please don't shoot me for posting this in more than one list.

I am seeing more and more post like this on newbie.

My patience with newbie is wearing somewhat thin too.  I find myself
frequently just marking all messages as read without reading them
because so many are OT of just personal conversations.

AND

I'm sorry, but there is a limit as to how long any of us can tolerate
deliberate bad manners.  You have wasted our time and bandwidth with
arguing something that should have been simply accepted as a requirement
of this list - a voluntary mutual help list.

I know I am as guilty as anyone.

 ?Maybe we on the OT list should  make an effort to not chase off so
many folks that do not agree with our political views?

or maybe just asking Haywire to return on his better behavior, or
replying to Stephens Kuhn's and Haywire's posts here, and only with a
note that teh reply is over here to save bandwidth?

I also have previously invited some other friends, that are in Spain,
that were pretty helpful for the couple of weeks they could stand the
newbie list, but they too were run off by the bandwidth waste (or signal
to noise ratio) on Newbie. But you don't really hear about how many left
because they could not deal with the volume. (kinda like how unhappy
customers are less likely to complain than just go shop somewhere else)

So.... any suggestions?

Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org