Setting up SAMBA to transfer files from a Windows 2000 laptop to my
Mandrake box.  SAMBA is running and in smb.conf I've made an entry for a
[temp] directory (/tmp), writeable and guest ok = yes.  To test the
connection to this shared folder on my Mandrake box, I run 'smbclient
//localhost/temp.

The interface is added ok, I hit 'Enter' for the password prompt, and
then I get the following output:

Anonymous login successful
Domain=[MDKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.8a]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

What did I not do that would be causing this error?  My Win2000 laptop
sees the Mdkgroup domain, but cannot see the temp folder below it.

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with
composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he
does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper.
- Aristotle