The newbie mail has provided a lot of info. for me over the last 2 months. Being new, there is a lot to learn even from the OT mail. Example: I have been trying to install md9.1 on a gateway 1450se with xp and phoenix bios. I made the suggested changes in the bios and loaded the cd. Instructions were to reboot and md would start installation process as it did on my win98 system. Didn't work. You can even indicate in the bios whether you have win or other system. I checked several mailing lists and there were no problems loading md on other 1450 laptops. I try to keep everything updated and updated the bios about 4 months ago. After reading mail about phoenix, it makes you wonder if the update was to cut everything out but m$. The only info I have found to help points to a "remote control center" which supposedly controls the boot process. It is not loaded and was supposed to be on the wn cd. Gateway ships their own cd instead of the wn cd and of course it isn't on that either. What a tangled web they have weaved. Any help would be appreciated on getting md loaded.
More importantly, I wanted you to know that you have one more md believer. Your efforts to help and keep us informed are appreciated.
john