Bryan Phinney wrote:

On Sunday 12 October 2003 02:22 pm, Erylon Hines wrote:

On Sunday 12 October 2003 07:44 am, John wrote:

The newbie mail has provided a lot of info. for me over the last 2
months. Being new, there is a lot to learn even from the OT mail.
Example: I have been trying to install md9.1 on a gateway 1450se with xp
and phoenix bios.

I used Partition Magic on a 450, which is essentially the same machine, I
think. Mine was pre-installed with W2K, though, and I did nuke the
pre-install and installed clean with our site-licensed W2K. I'm quad
booting this machine due to legacy programs that require DOS, some that run
in W98 but not W2K, and W2K for the rest of the stuff. My personal
partition boots Mandrake. I had problems with the PCMCIA controller and
the AMR modem--the modem is a lost cause.

If you have to use one, Paragon Hard Drive Manager works much the same as Partition Magic, has all the same features, IIRC, and has the added benefit of supporting ReiserFS, HPFS, JFS, I think. I know for sure that is supports Reiser. Also, it has an executable that is installable under Linux that provides a lot of features, although not all as in Windows. Supports moving partitions entirely over to alternate drives, resizing partitions (Reiser included), etc.

If you have to use a Windows partition manager, I would get that one over Partition Magic.

Anyone know when partimage will support Reiser ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]