Flávio Henrique wrote:

On Sun, 2003-10-12 at 20:45, Jamie Taylor wrote:

Sorry for not replying to the correct thread but I beleive someone wanted to know how to do this. I wanted to do the same thing as I like the feel of Mozilla better than Konqueror.
After much thrashing aroud on the web I found out that this is how you do it.

I assume you're using KDE 3.1.0 because I think you said you were using Mandrake 9.1 which is the same distro as I'm using.
Open the KDE Control Centre and go to Components, File Associations, text, html and in the Application Preference move mozilla to the top of the list.
If it's not there add mozilla %u and then move it to the top.
Hope this helps as I'm a newb as well and I'm finding Linux a bit intimidating coming from being spoonfed by Windows all my PC life ;-)

Cheers

Jamie Taylor

yes... I did what you said but I think my Mozilla installation is not right,
cause after hit alt+f2 ant typing www.yahoo.com, e.g., the MD says:
"Could not find 'mozilla' executable"

I'll try reinstall Mozilla and try it again...
But now I now where I can change the files associations... that is the
point...

Thanx Jamie... Thanx a lot !!

(now, is I'll find out how to remove the mozilla... ahaha!!)

Flávio Henrique

If you have mozilla installed, but not in your path, you could (as root) issue a ln mozilla /path to where mozilla is installed/mozilla /usr/bin/mozilla. So, if your mozilla was installed under /usr/local/bin/mozilla, you would type:
ln -s /usr/local/bin/mozilla /usr/bin/mozilla

That would create a link in the /usr/bin directory pointing to your mozilla. /usr/bin is by default in your path.

Joeb