On Tuesday 14 October 2003 01:12, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I was able to launch Konq as root from a terminal window and the open
> 'file:///mnt/camera' but was not able to do this from Konq as a normal
> user.  Nor could I use the shortcut on my desktop (from fstab?) for
> /mnt/camera.  I belong to the USB group.  Is there something else to
> check that would prohibit access to the drive?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trey

If you mounted your camera (which prolly should be removable on Mdk) on
/mnt/camera, you'd have to do that as root i.e. make the camera/ directory
and mount the device there, thus only read/writable as root.

The created entry in /etc/fstab (like I said prolly /mnt/removable/) allows
you to mount it as normal user and thus read it as that same user.
Next time you reboot or connect the camera, supermount will take over and you
even won't have to mount the thing....I'm realy talking first time here (and
before).
Gawd, I hate to think what Femme's going to do with that last sentence;)

Good luck,
HarM
--
Mandrake HowTo's & more: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org