> > I think that article would serve well to be in Twiki. Just
> > be sure to get the author's permission before pushing it
> > to a PDF.

Here was the response from NewsForge.com:

"I'm afraid I can't give you permission to copy it because we don't
own the copyright. It's a book extract. You might be able to get
permission from
the publisher, as we did. You should be safe linking to it, however,
since our
URLs don't really change, even after a redesign, one of which is
coming up this
week."

> Nor was it ever my intent to republish the article on a PDF.
> Personally I find PDF files to be an enormous pain in the butt and
> really have never seen the point in them.

I actually do use them here a lot for the reason mentioned: links
break.  I also dislike saving html files in a format such that they
are a directory with multiple files.  It's just too messy...

> Also, PDF is
> proprietory and I'm not comfortable using a proprietory format on
> Twiki.

Would that be a problem?  People have pdf's on sites all the time.
It may be proprietary, but not so much so that it can't be shipped
with mandrake.
Just curious.

For now, i just linked to it.

eric