I'm running 9.1/KDE 3.1 on a ThinkPad T40.  Sound works, but the volume is
very low on KsCD (barely audible) and doesn't seem to go to speakers that are
integral to an external monitor, even if I set the hardware speaker volume
control to max.  With the same CD under Win2K I can push the volume and
distort the sound.  System sounds are audible (and play to the monitor
mounted speakers), although I would think that I should be able to make them
louder than I can.
Is there a master volume control hidden somewhere?  Any other suggestions are
welcome.
TIA
Paul