I have installed Linux Mandrake 7.0 on my computer without any problem. And I
have run sndconfig to setup my (very) old SB16 sound card and it is running
nicely. The problem is that every time I log on (either as root or user), the
sound volume is always at maximum level and I have to reduce it manually. Is
there a way to save the sound volume setting after I have adjusted it?
Any help would be appreciated.

         john lin

http://webmail.netscape.com.