Kaj Haulrich wrote:

I'm wondering too : why all the hassle ? - Linux is safe in itself. You have your own /home/anarky directory, and you are the only one with permission to go there (aside from root, who will be yourself, right ?).

On the other hand, if you mean you'll leave your PC open while doing something else and prevent others to snoop around, why not just put your sensitive stuff in /root/sensitive or something like that. Then only root (you) has access.

linux might be safe ... but it's a good practice IMO to backup all your data on cds, especially when you're in big aniticipation for a fresh new install of Mandrake 9.2 .... and cds aren't at all safe ... what do I do? I'd love an X solution (non console based)