On Sunday 19 Oct 2003 9:45 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

> It's about amending your fstab to set automount .
> I know how to set rom and writer to automount ,
> but I have never owned a zip drive, and therefore
> cannot advise on that.

I have a usb LS120 drive, which is set up like this:

/dev/sda /mnt/LS120 auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-15,dev,sync,codepage=850,suid,umask=0 0 0

Does that help?  Every now and then I lose contact with it, even
though it is constantly plugged in, and have to switch it off, then
on again for it to be recognised anew.  I think that's why supermount
found it difficult (sm works fine on everything else here), so I set
it to auto.  I then just use KwikDisk to mount/umount as necessary
(it puts an icon on the kicker, so it's really quick and easy)

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302