On Sunday 19 October 2003 05:41 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 19 Oct 2003 9:45 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> > It's about amending your fstab to set automount .
> > I know how to set rom and writer to automount ,
> > but I have never owned a zip drive, and therefore
> > cannot advise on that.
>
> I have a usb LS120 drive, which is set up like this:
>
> /dev/sda /mnt/LS120 auto
> user,iocharset=iso8859-15,dev,sync,codepage=850,suid,umask=0 0 0
>
> Does that help?  Every now and then I lose contact with it, even
> though it is constantly plugged in, and have to switch it off, then
> on again for it to be recognised anew.  I think that's why supermount
> found it difficult (sm works fine on everything else here), so I set
> it to auto.  I then just use KwikDisk to mount/umount as necessary
> (it puts an icon on the kicker, so it's really quick and easy)
>
> Anne

Here is the entry for my Zip drive without supermount:

/dev/hdc4       /mnt/zip        auto user,noauto 0 0

I have a question though - what advantage is there in clicking an icon on your
kicker with KwikDisk to mount, versus me just clicking my zip drive icon on
my desktop to mount?

Just curious, or am I (as I freq. do!) missing something? <grin>

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord