I tried to install 9.1 on an old P100 with 32Mbyte of RAM and 370Mb HD. I used text-install, selected no packages. The installer chooses the basic packages - less than 100 - and starts the intallation, but never finishes. It hangs in the middle of the installation process.

I am not sure it is a bug with the installer or a disk problem (I will try a check next time). In the meantime, I would like to know if anybody has ever tried an installation on such a machine with a recent distribution.

I would like to stick with 9.1, I know I could try with an older kernel like 2.2 but the installation program and the supporting scripts look much easier to use in recent distributions. I am not planning to use X or network, I only need mpg123, mp3info and a couple of shell scripts.

raffaele