On Monday 20 Oct 2003 2:03 pm, Thinker wrote:
> 2nd try...
>

> I am currently using SuSE 8.2 (ftp version). I have Mandrake 9.0(MDK)
> installed on one box and Windows 2000 Professional (W2K)on another.
>
> The ultimate goal is to use the SuSE 8.2 box for work and such until
> SuSE 9.0 gets here. When the new SuSE gets here, I would like to have
> the MDK box clean and available. In order to do that, I need to copy my
> home directory from the MDK box to both the SuSE 8.2 box (for use of
> files) and more importantly to the W2K box (since it is the only machine
> with a working CD Burner).
>
> I cannot get ssh server installed correctly on the Mandrake box. I can see
> the box in LinNeighborhood but I cannot copy any files.
>
> How do I 'share' a directory so that I can copy the contents to both the
> Windows and SuSE 8.2 boxes?
>
> What is the easiest way to do this?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> -=Thinker

With the default samba comfiguration in Mandrake you will be able to see the
home directories for any user so long as you run
smbpasswd -a user_name
as root. When prompted give the *windows* password for that user.
You will also need to set the workgroup name in the samba config file
/etc/samba/smb.conf

The default config file also contains lots of examples on how to set up
different types of shares.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net