On Tuesday 21 October 2003 10:57 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm back here, after a prolonged absence.
>
> I just did a fresh install of the powerpack edition of Mandrake 9.0.
> My previous installation on the same machine was the download edition
> of Mandrake 8.1, upgraded by "upgrade packages only" to Mandrake 9.0.
>
> My problem is that after the fresh install I seem to have lost all
> network connectivity.  The Windows ME on the same machine works fine,
> as does the networking on Debian on the same machine. (I have three
> systems installed, on in each primary partition)
>
> I suspect that a firewall in the Mandrake installation may be in the way.
> My question is, how do I get rid of it (and, for that matter, how did I
> ever install it?  I don't remember asking for it).  The entire subnet
> the machine is on is in fact behind another firewall, and I don't need
> one on the Mandrake box.
>
> -- hendrik
If you did not disable shorewall during installation, the default is
"activated", so  go into MCC and security>drakfirewall and  check the box
"everything, no firewall" then "ok" and then make a internet connection. Then
connection.  You can get it by typing drakfirewall in a command line to I
think as su.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842