I'm back here, after a prolonged absence.

I just did a fresh install of the powerpack edition of Mandrake 9.0.
My previous installation on the same machine was the download edition
of Mandrake 8.1, upgraded by "upgrade packages only" to Mandrake 9.0.

My problem is that after the fresh install I seem to have lost all
network connectivity.  The Windows ME on the same machine works fine,
as does the networking on Debian on the same machine. (I have three
systems installed, on in each primary partition)

I suspect that a firewall in the Mandrake installation may be in the way.
My question is, how do I get rid of it (and, for that matter, how did I
ever install it?  I don't remember asking for it).  The entire subnet
the machine is on is in fact behind another firewall, and I don't need
one on the Mandrake box.

-- hendrik