On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:53:19 +0100
Ken Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I'd wait for the release to be made available to the public.
>
> The number of problems the club members are having, as can be seen in
> most of the mail and newsgroups. it should all be sorted out before
> the general public have access to the images.

It was the first time they'd done it this way, bittorrent and so on, so
give 'em a break, eh?

> So there you go, you pay to be a club member, and are first in the Que
> to be lumbered with all the new release problems.
>
> They'll probably be on release 9.9 by Xmas the way there churning them
> out.

Seems this is off the mark, no? New release about every six months is
what I've seen.

> Why don't they just concentrate on a creating a stable version, like
> 8.1
>
> When they brought out 8.2, there were very few release problems, but
> look at 9.0, 9.1 and now 9.2, major problems had by everybody.

Really? Like what? 9.0 and 9.1 were fine...had nary a problem myself
'cept the good ol' supermount thang, which is apparently fixed in 9.2.

> And 9.2 not being back compatible with the original file systems has
> to be frowned at.

Could you elaborate on that?

--
HaywireMac ++ ICQ # 279518458