On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 09:45, Tom Brinkman wrote:

> > Then I'm using only 860M of ram and not all 1024, right?
>
>    Yes, but the performance will be better than using all 1024MB's.
> The memory management needed to address 1GB or more of ram imposes a
> performance hit.

Tom,

I added mem=860 to lilo.conf and reran lilo. rebooted the machine and
selected linx when the bootloader came and, and, and, the screen went
blank. Bummer... I then tried each selection and the same thing
happened.  I looked at the messages and with my untrained eye didn't
notice anything that might give me hint of what linux didn't like. Any
suggestions?

Terry