> Is there some way to receive this list as a daily or twice daily
> list? I feel overwhelmed by the amount of mail pouring in.

Yep.  If you look in the headers of the emails we get, there are
instructions to get the help file.

Here is what you get back:

              SYMPA -- Systeme de Multi-Postage Automatique
                       (Automatic Mailing System)

                                User's Guide

SYMPA is an electronic mailing-list manager that automates list
management
functions such as subscriptions, moderation, and archive management.

All commands must be sent to the electronic address
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can put multiple commands in a message. These commands must
appear in the
message body and each line must contain only one command. The
message body
is ignored if the Content-Type is different from text/plain but even
with
crasy mailer using multipart and text/html for any message, commands
in the
subject are recognized.

Available commands are:

 HELp                        * This help file
 INFO                        * Information about a list
 LISts                       * Directory of lists managed on this
node
 REView <list>               * Displays the subscribers to <list>
 WHICH                       * Displays which lists you are
subscribed to
 SUBscribe <list> [GECOS]    * To subscribe or to confirm a
subscription to
                               <list>, [GECOS] is an optional
information
                               about subscriber.

 UNSubscribe <list> [EMAIL]  * To quit <list>. [EMAIL] is an
optional
                               email address, usefull if different
from
                               your "From:" address.
 UNSubscribe * [EMAIL]       * To quit all lists.

 SET <list> NOMAIL           * To suspend the message reception for
<list>
 SET <list> DIGEST           * Message reception in compilation mode
 SET <list> MAIL             * <list> reception in normal mode
 SET <list> CONCEAL          * To become unlisted (hidden subscriber
address)
 SET <list> NOCONCEAL        * Subscriber address visible via REView

 INDex <list>                * <list> archive file list
 CONFIRM <key>               * Confirmation for sending a message
(depending
                               on the list's configuration)
 QUIT                        * Indicates the end of the commands (to
ignore a
                               signature)

Examples:

  LIS