Russ wrote:
How would I go about uninstalling Open Office? I don't even know where it is at.

Thanks
Russ

Dan Gordon wrote:

The recomended way is to first uninstall the version you have and then install the new version from the tarball, this is what I did on 9.1 and it works fine. Seems stable enough here.

If you installed from an RPM, then you just go to the Mandrake Control Centre and uninstall it like any other package. But I assume this question means you installed it from the OpenOffice.org tarball. This can be installed anywhere you want - I can't remember the default directory, but it'll probably be in /opt or /usr/local. Some versions also create a directory /users at the top of your tree, which should also be deleted (this behaviour is very, very naughty - no application should do anything to the top of the file tree - plus it means you can't get to /usr by hitting "u" and the tab key). You might want to check /usr/bin to see if there's a symbolic link to soffice there. ususally, though, it's just a matter of deleting whichever directory OpenOffice is installed in.

As I said, if you're upgrading, you don't need to uninstall the older version first, unless it's a beta version.

Sir Robin

-- "I declare this sentence a performative!"

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533