----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 17:22
Subject: Re: [newbie] downloadable 9.2 & LG cdroms

> On Monday 27 Oct 2003 11:32 pm, Anarky wrote:
> > >
> > >the publicly avail ISO's aren't on the mirrors for another few
> > > days anyway, no?
> >
> > yeah, I couldn't find them .. but I assumed they were tehre .. my
> > mistake :)
>
> Received this morning:
>
> <quote>

>                      Mandrake Linux Update Advisory

>  Package name:           kernel
>  Advisory ID:            MDKA-2003:021
>  Date:                   October 27th, 2003
>
>  Affected versions:      9.2

>  Problem Description:
>
>  A problem was discovered where the kernel would destroy certain LG-
>  based CD-ROM devices.  This problem has been fixed in the kernels
>  provided and MandrakeSoft encourages everyone to upgrade.

<snipped>

actually this is pretty bad for mandrake.
they're in a no win situation.

if they correct the iso for the dl edition and not for the boxed sets,
they're lose goodwill. heck, i think it causes much ill will.

if they correct the dl edition AND replace they box set, they incurred lotsa
costs.

and if they doesn't do either, reputation gets shot to bits.

*sigh*