On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 11:38:03PM -0800, Eric Huff wrote:
> > Quote $command
> >
> > mhmail to -subject "$command" ...
>
> Todd, somehow i figured you would have the answer.  You are
> definitely the bash-man!
>
> I swear i even had that typed in once, but was sure it would make
> the subject be $command.
>
> Thanks for the help,

No prob; when I first started with bash I ran into a lot of problems
with spaces--in filenames, in lines of a file. I asked a bunch of
questions in comp.unix.shell and while I'm not really sure I understand
variable expansion and all that stuff, I have a few scripts for these
situations that I keep relying on. Now how did I do that? Hopefully
after a little more playing around I internalize it and just know it,
like learning a foreign language.