Adolfo Bello wrote:

On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 09:51, Tom Brinkman wrote:

On Saturday 01 November 2003 01:06 am, Johan wrote:

Hi,
I use Flashget in XP to down load - 3 similtanious at 5 channels
each.

Would there be something similar in linux I could use with same
results? I would really like to do this inMDK 92.
Appreciate some pointers
Thanks
Johan

d4x (Downloader for X). It's on your CD's, or you can get it from any Mandrake mirror. I don't know what you mean by 'channels' (multiple sites?), but yes, simultaneous d/l's are easy to do (if the site allows it) and from differnet sites. Supports drag'n drop. d4x-2.4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm is the latest.

http://www.krasu.ru/soft/chuchelo/ to learn more about it.

Multiple channels: when you split a single download in 2 o more chunks and start downloading them simultaneously, building them together when all are done.

Supposedly it can accelerate your downloads, mainly when download sites
give you a bandwidth quota. Some sites consider this an abusive
practice.

Used by Download Accelerator and GetRight under Windows.

Adolfo

D4X and NT do not support multichannel download from the same website file.
In practicle reallity, and over some time, I have proved to my own
satisfaction
that it does nothing for you. It's an illusion. Looks clever and swish
but actually
does nothing to accellerate the download. Having said that mine is a 56k
dial-up
modem, so the possibilty of getting the most out of such a facility is
minimal.I'm
restricted to the minimal band width the ISP allows me, never more than
4kb/sec,
and usually far below that.

John

-- John Richard Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED]