On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:58:58 -0800
Rob Blomquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I am not sure what you are trying to get running with a Nvidia driver.
>
> I have a Nvidia GForce 4 video card that runs perfectly out of the
> box, and I have a ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo that under 9.2 seems to be
> working very well with Nvidia Lan, Nvidia North and South bridge
> chips.
>
> Don't download the drivers from the Nvidia site, they are precompilied
> for another kernel, and will only lead to trouble. Mandrake's Nvidia
> support is pretty good now that 9.2 has come out, and for video was
> great since 9.0, which is the earliest I have used Mandrake, and
> NVidia cards.

Well, I don't think you are going to see the performance from the
Mandrake driver that you will see from the Nvidia driver. Even Tom
Brinkman, who foreswears using the proprietary driver, IIRC, has said as
much.

As long as you have the kernel sources, the Nvidia driver should install
fine, no matter which kernel you are running.

--
HaywireMac ++ ICQ # 279518458
Registered Linux user #282046