M.A.Bell wrote:
mike wrote:

M.A.Bell wrote:

Greetings.
I've had this problem for a couple of months and had hoped that installing 9.2 would fix it, but it didn't.
After I boot up, I see a terminal window on a blue screen.
When I enter "startkde", it does.
How can I get my system to do this automagically?

Start kde then open a terminal window type su then enter root password when prompted.Then type drakboot
It will give a menu and just check the box next to
(launch the graphical enviroment when system starts)
then click ok.

Mike,
I ran drakboot and, as I expected, the launch graphical... box was already checked.
So that's not the problem.

In a terminal window type "cat /etc/inittab" without quotes.
And see what the line below the runlevels says, It will look like this below.

id:3:initdefault:

mine is set to runlevel 3 which boots to console

id:5:initdefault:

this would boot to graphical login

see what yours says and if it says?

--