Aronsmith wrote:
On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 11:53, Grant wrote:

Read the excerpt, follow the link for the complete story:

"Red Hat's chief executive has said that Linux needs to mature further before home users will get a positive experience from the operating system, saying they should choose Windows instead...

"Matthew Szulik, chief executive of Linux vendor Red Hat, said on Monday that although Linux is capable of exceeding expectations for corporate users, home users should stick with Windows: 'I would say that for the consumer market place, Windows probably continues to be the right product line,' he said..."

http://linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2003110401326NWDTRH

You don't think that's true?

For the Average luser he's right. We all know people who will use Win$ux no matter what. They do not want to configure anything Win$ux came on the computer they got at Circuit City and they never heard of Linux (poor benighted souls)

And if their computers came with Linux, they'd use that, even if someone offered them a free copy of Windows XP Super-Mega Professional.

Sir Robin

-- "I declare this sentence a performative!"

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533