Carroll Grigsby wrote:
On Tuesday 04 November 2003 07:17 pm, HaywireMac wrote:

Oh, and *wow*, it will automatically dual boot with Windows, MDK has
been doing that since, what, 9.0?

errr... my first crack at Mandrake was 7.0, and it did the dual boot tango flawlessly.

I started with 7.0 too, and it was enough to make me switch from RedHat I only tried it because we had this weird box that wouldn't do a network install of RH or Slack, and I gave up reading the Debian installation manual after around page 250 ;-)

Haywire makes a good point when he says it's the kernel and the other packages that are important, more than the distro. the important factors in choosing a distro are ease of installation, distro-specific configuration tools and, most importantly, community support. Mandrake does pretty well in all three areas.

Sir Robin

-- "Certitude is possible for those who only own one encyclopedia." - Robert Anton Wilson

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533