Aidan Holmes wrote:
Does anybody else out there have 9.2 and an old fashioned dial-up connection??? I live in a rural area of Australia and I think it will be years before we get broadband, so dial-up is all we have.

I'm in beautiful downtown Worrigee, OZ. When I ask those wonderful people at "Telstra Country thin" or whatever it calls itself about broadband all I get is blank, glazed over stares. BTW, I am just < 2km from a RIM box and 6km from a major regional exchange.

I digress

Had the same issue as you with 9.2 - the response from paid for MDK support was the simalar to above. In fact there was no response. Sorry, digressing again

Anyway, have a Maestro modem. When I upgraded from 9.1 to 9.2, no modem dialler (MDK 9.2 upgrade removed KPPP that I'd been using).

Ran the DrakConnect (you can get to it from the MDK Control Centre Network option), Clicked Wizard and chose to configure dial up modem connection only.

After configuration, restarted Linux. On login found KPPP (Internet Dial Up Tool) on Networking > Remote Access menu.

It all seems very messy getting there, but it worked.

regards

-- Pierre Final Filer Software http://www.finalfiler.com Worrigee, NSW, Australia 2540 ------------------------------ Life's like a roll of toilet paper- The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.