Derek Jennings said: Things have changed since RH6
The chances of your chipset not being auto detected are very slight.
If a driver exists for your hardware (and it almost certainly does) then it
will be automatically installed. Linux is a *lot* easier than Windows to
install :-)

Thanks, Derek, I'll give it a run, this weekend (maybe).
Whaddya mean Linux is a lot easier?  Windows just takes over the
computer and does...OH....I see (LOL) easier to take control of
your own installation!  ;)  And I was wondering why on my PC here
at work I actually had to think about things when installing!

N.B. Day, I will also download Knoppix to a disk and see what that does...
maybe a more run-time type version of Linux could help me sell my
wife on it.

Mark