On Sunday 09 Nov 2003 11:57 pm, Scott Naylor wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2003 4:32 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 November 2003 09:23 am, Scott Naylor wrote:
> > > Just a small question, what would be the easiest way to upgrade KDE 3.1
> > > to its newest release in Mandrake 9.1? I tried a couple of things
> > > before, but it didn't go so well.
> >
> > Get 3.1.4 in Mandrake RPMS from Texstar's 91 repository.
> >
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/mandrake/9
> >.1 /
> >
> > Otherwise, installing 9.2 will get you 3.1.3+
>
> AHHHHHHH!!!!!! So many DEPENDENCIES. Is there any program out there that
> will deal with all these dependencies or do I have to hunt down and
> download EVERY SINGLE ONE?! If there is a program please tell me where I
> could find it.

Yes there is.
It is called urpmi and it is posted about almost every day!

For the third time today.

Go to http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php

Define an online source for Texstar and install KDE using rpmdrake.
All the dependencies will be downloaded and installed automatically.
Do not worry about the messages about bad signatures. It just means you have
not installed Texstar signature key.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net