I managed to get KDE 2.2 installed and operative. I followed Civilime's
advice and did "urpme kde" followed with,
"cd directory of kde rpm's)"
"rpm -ivh *.rpm"
Ran into numerous dependencies, eliminated the KDE rpm's I didn't want
causing dep. issues then ran "rpm -ivh *.rpm" and looked at the deps. for the
apps I wanted to keep. ran urpmi "filename" installed the app then tried
installing KDE again. I still had dependency issues and throwing cauton to
the wind decided on "rpm -ivh --nodeps *.rpm" and KDE is installed and
working smoothly.

John

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com