On Tuesday 11 Nov 2003 10:28 am, Johan wrote:
> Hi
> What I would like to do is...with some script........
> Use kppp to connect internet BUT to  umount my windows partitions before
> activating kppp.
> Thanks

Where did you read that? It is nonsense.
If you connecting with Linux you are not going to get any viruses anyway, and
a Linux virus (If there were any in the wild) would not gravitate to Windows
partitions. It could only do damage in the linux partitions.

But if it would make you more comfortable to unmount your windows partitions
while on dial up, then use the scripts
 /etc/ppp/if-up.local and  /etc/ppp/if-down

Kppp will automatically run the scripts in those files. You will probably have
to create them, and do not forget to make them executable.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net